Network Partnerships & Outreach VISTA
Hawai‘i Green Growth is a Local2030 hub that scales and accelerates local solutions to global challenges in partnership with the United Nations. Hawai‘i Green Growth formed in response to the 2011 Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) to identify green growth priorities and advance a green economy within an island context.
The Aloha+ Challenge: He Nohona ‘Ae‘oia is a statewide commitment to achieve Hawai‘i’s sustainability goals, and serves as a local framework to implement the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals. The Aloha+ Challenge was launched in 2014 by HGG public and private sector partners with leadership from the State, Counties, Office of Hawaiian Affairs, and State Legislature. The Aloha+ Challenge enjoys unprecedented political support to achieve time-bound sustainability goals and indicators, which are measured through an open data impact Dashboard. HGG works with public and private partners on joint policies, initiatives, and communications that advance Hawai‘i’s Aloha+ Challenge goals. The Aloha+ Challenge Dashboard is an online open-data platform to track progress, provide accountability, and ensure transparency on Hawai‘i’s economic, social, and environmental priorities.
This is an AmeriCorps VISTA position offered through the Aloha+ Challenge VISTA Program to address poverty and increase economic, social, and environmental resiliency across Hawai‘i. Learn more about AmeriCorps VISTA at: www.nationalservice.gov/programs/americorps/americorps-vista.
This is a full-time position that will support Hawai‘i Green Growth (HGG) in in priority setting, action planning and partnership building to increase statewide capacity for 100+ organizations across Hawai‘i tackling these goals to increase overall impact, and ensure equity and sustainability are part of economic recovery efforts. This will also include outreach with students, diverse communities, new partners and volunteers with a focus on serving lower income groups. The VISTA will conduct outreach with statewide partners, organize Working Group and stakeholder meetings, and support planning a series of events to engage the broader network of Hawai’i community members towards these goals.
The Network Partnerships & Outreach VISTA position is structured to provide significant work experience in the areas of sustainable development, policy, communications and data through hands-on experiential learning. This position will have the opportunity to take on meaningful responsibility quickly, and engage with a diverse network of local, national and international partners.
This position will work extensively with a wide range of government, business, academic, philanthropic, and community partners who work to advance social, economic, and environmental priorities across Hawaiʻi and is therefore ideally suited for applicants seeking to gain professional experience in these sectors. HGG is committed to the mentorship and professional development of each team member, including the cohort of 6 VISTA positions.
Eligibility for the AmeriCorps VISTA Program:
In order to be considered for hire, one must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Available full time (40 hours/week)
- Be 18 years or older (no upper age limit)
- Pass a national service criminal history check
- Hold one of the following citizenship or legal residency statuses: US citizen, US National, Lawful Permanent Resident (i.e. Green Card status), and persons legally residing within a state. Examples of persons legally residing within a state may include those holding the following classifications: refugee, asylee, temporary protected status throughout VISTA service, and holding Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) status.
AmeriCorps Compensation and Benefits Package:
- Living allowance (approx. $24,053 annually)
- Segel Education Award ($6,195) or cash stipend ($1,800)
- Relocation Travel Allowance and Settling In Allowance
- AmeriCorps VISTA Healthcare Benefits Program
- Child Care Benefits
- Professional Development Training Full details available at https://www.vistacampus.gov/members/benefits-of-service
It is preferred that the applicant has the following:
- Strong attention to detail, organization, planning skills and personal accountability
- Interest in a collaborative and integrated approach to sustainability that supports environmental, social and economic prosperity
- Familiarity with Hawai‘i’s geography and communities, as well as a respect for Hawaiian language, culture and traditions
- Relevant education and/or work experience
- Flexible in supporting other duties as assigned
This year-long position is based in Honolulu, Hawai‘i.
1. Partnership Coordination: Support coordination, administration and communication for the HGG Local2030 Hub
- Correspond with partners regarding joint priorities, initiatives and meetings
- Schedule partner and stakeholder meetings
- Support development of new initiatives and special projects to benefit low-income communities
- Support relevant writing, reporting and research
2. Meetings & Event Planning: Coordination, preparation and follow-up for partnership meetings and strategic events (e.g. working group meetings, network events, conferences).
- Schedule and coordinate meetings, including logistics, invitations and RSVPs
- Support planning a series of events to engage the broader network of community members with the Aloha+ Challenge
- Prepare materials, including presentations, meeting summaries, and other documents
- Attend and provide support at meetings
- Assist with timely follow-up and action items
3. Communications & Outreach:
- Support website updates, maintenance and content development
- Coordinate and update communications materials, photos and relevant databases
- Work with team on media and communications around relevant events and initiatives
- Support initiatives with social media, as needed and time permits
4. Project Operations & Legacy:
- Maintain key master documents, organizational systems and support monthly administration
- Build relevant tools and resources to support the Hub’s capacity
- Support project reports and compilation of results
5. Other duties as assigned