Global Energy & Water Communities of Practice (CoP) Coordinator
The Local2030 Islands Network is Hiring!
The Local2030 Islands Network is hiring a Global Energy & Water Communities of Practice (CoP) Coordinator to support the world’s first global, island-led peer-to-peer network devoted to advancing the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) through locally driven solutions. This position leads the operation and facilitation of, as well as enables strong substantive engagement within and across, two CoPs namely the Clean Energy and Resilience and the Water-Energy-Food Nexus Communities of Practice. The position is based in Honolulu, Hawaii.
The Local2030 Islands Network is committed to advancing the localization of the Sustainable Development Goals through island-led peer-to-peer solutions sensitive to cultures and contexts. The values and relationship-based Network utilizes its CoPs as vessels to connect its members and partners, including governments, non-government organizations, and the private sector, to
strengthen island leadership on a host of islander-identified priority areas.
You will be someone who brings relevant global networks and connections and thrives in complex work environments that bridge global goals to their local implementation. You will be a self-starter who works well in team environments with a strong partnerships foundation and have demonstrated
knowledge in SDGs and a deeper understanding on topics around clean energy, water and food systems. Must have experience coordinating and organizing meetings and engagements (with meeting and event planning experience highly desired).
Ideal candidates will:
- Possess knowledge of sustainability priorities in island communities, and have experience in working on clean energy and water-related programs and policies in island contexts;
- Be an experienced facilitator of online and in-person gatherings and events, using a range of tools to engage members in interactive, productive, and impactful conversations;
- Have a strong understanding of Communities of Practice, knowledge management, and communications fundamentals in order to foster technical communities around shared goals;
- Have demonstrated experience in mobilizing technical, financial, and partnership support to advance priority areas and strategic objectives;
- Be an excellent relationship manager;
- Have experience working in or with Islands and Small Island Developing States;
- Candidates from Islands (particularly Small Island Developing States) are strongly encouraged to apply. Must be able to relocate to Honolulu, Hawaii.
Applications will close June 28, 2023 (11:59 pm Hawaii Standard Time)
Applicants must apply online at www.rcuh.com, click on Job Postings, and search by Job ID# 223387.
Additional questions may be directed to: email@example.com