Finance and Operations Director
Hawai‘i Green Growth is a public private partnership committed to advancing economic, social and environmental goals, and a recognized United Nations Local2030 Hub that scales local sustainability solutions to global challenges. Hawai‘i Green Growth formed in response to the 2011 Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) summit to identify green growth priorities and advance a green economy within an island context.
The Aloha+ Challenge: He Nohona ‘Ae‘oia is a statewide commitment to achieve Hawai‘i’s sustainability goals, and serves as a local framework to implement the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals. The Aloha+ Challenge was launched in 2014 by HGG public and private sector partners with leadership from the State, Counties, Office of Hawaiian Affairs, and State Legislature. The Aloha+ Challenge enjoys unprecedented political support to achieve time-bound sustainability goals and indicators, which are measured through an open-data impact Dashboard. HGG works with public and private partners on joint policies, initiatives, and communications that advance Hawai‘i’s Aloha+ Challenge goals. The Aloha+ Challenge Dashboard is an online open-data platform to track progress, provide accountability and ensure transparency on Hawai‘i’s economic, social, and environmental priorities.
Hawaiʻi Green Growth (HGG), a United Nations (UN) Local2030 Hub, seeks a Finance and Operations Director to oversee finances and organizational operations to support HGG’s mission to advance environmental, social, and economic priorities through the Aloha+ Challenge – Hawai‘i’s local framework to achieve the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). The position serves as the organizational lead for day-to-day operations and cohesion on programs, priorities, and staff. The role oversees and ensures HGG’s diverse portfolios meet and deliver commitments, including compliance with contracts and grants, and State, Federal and other requirements. The position requires creativity and relationship-building skills to develop and manage federal proposals and contracts that support HGG’s key initiatives including the Local2030 Islands Network, which is the world’s first global, island-led peer-to-peer network devoted to advancing the SDGs through locally driven solutions.
Ideal candidates will have:
- Great attention to detail, with strong organizational and time management skills.
- Solid experience in nonprofit management and financial oversight.
- Strong background in federal grants compliance, including tracking revenue and expenditures in alignment with approved budgets and accounts.
- The ability to make sound strategic and planning decisions relating to organizational structure
- Great people skills with the ability to work well with HGG Leadership and staff, key partners, donors, funding agencies, and individuals of the Hawai‘i Green Growth and Local2030 Islands networks.
- Skills to support a strong, organizational, and dynamic team, and know how to increase organizational efficiencies and success of programs.
To Apply: Please go to www.rcuh.com and click on “Job Postings.” Search for Job ID# 223714.
Position open until filled.
For more information, please contact Shelley Gustafson at: firstname.lastname@example.org