Dashboard Lab AmeriCorps VISTA
Hawai‘i Green Growth is a public private partnership committed to advancing economic, social and environmental goals, and a recognized United Nations Local2030 Hub that scales local sustainability solutions to global challenges. Hawai‘i Green Growth formed in response to the 2011 Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) summit to identify green growth priorities and advance a green economy within an island context.
The Aloha+ Challenge: He Nohona ‘Ae‘oia is a statewide commitment to achieve Hawai‘i’s sustainability goals, and serves as a local framework to implement the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals. The Aloha+ Challenge was launched in 2014 by HGG public and private sector partners with leadership from the State, Counties, Office of Hawaiian Affairs, and State Legislature. The Aloha+ Challenge enjoys unprecedented political support to achieve time-bound sustainability goals and indicators, which are measured through an open-data impact Dashboard. HGG works with public and private partners on joint policies, initiatives, and communications that advance Hawai‘i’s Aloha+ Challenge goals. The Aloha+ Challenge Dashboard is an online open-data platform to track progress, provide accountability and ensure transparency on Hawai‘i’s economic, social, and environmental priorities.
This is an AmeriCorps VISTA position offered through the Aloha+ Challenge VISTA Program to address poverty and increase economic, social, and environmental resiliency across Hawai‘i. Learn more about AmeriCorps VISTA at: www.nationalservice.gov/programs/americorps/americorps-vista.
The Dashboard Lab VISTA is a full-time position that will support Hawai‘i Green Growth’s work as a UN Local2030 Hub through advancement of the Dashboard Lab, a workforce and skill set development program, and Hawaiʻi’s local sustainable development goals. The VISTA will engage with local and global network partners on strategic initiatives to build long-term capacity and development of the Dashboard Lab program and develop skill sets to support data driven decision making through the Aloha+ Challenge Dashboard.
The position is structured to provide significant work experience in the areas of local multi-agency sustainable development priorities, project and program management, data analysis, Esri applications, strategic thinking, and stakeholder engagement and outreach through experiential learning. This position will have the opportunity to take on meaningful responsibility quickly, and engage with a diverse network of local, national and international partners.
This position will work extensively with a wide range of government, business, academic, philanthropic, and community partners who work to advance social, economic, and environmental priorities across Hawaiʻi and is therefore ideally suited for applicants seeking to gain professional experience in these sectors. HGG is committed to the mentorship and professional development of each team member.
Eligibility for the AmeriCorps VISTA Program:
In order to be considered for hire, one must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Available full time (40 hours/week)
- Be 18 years or older (no upper age limit)
- Pass a national service criminal history check
- Hold one of the following citizenship or legal residency statuses: US citizen, US National, Lawful Permanent Resident (i.e. Green Card status), and persons legally residing within a state. Examples of persons legally residing within a state may include those holding the following classifications: refugee, asylee, temporary protected status throughout VISTA service, and holding Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) status.
AmeriCorps Compensation and Benefits Package:
- Living allowance (approx. $29,043 annually)
- Segel Education Award ($6,495) or cash stipend ($1,800)
- Relocation Travel Allowance and Settling In Allowance
- AmeriCorps VISTA Healthcare Benefits Program
- Child Care Benefits
- Professional Development Training Full details available at https://www.vistacampus.gov/members/benefits-of-service
It is preferred that the applicant has the following:
- Strong attention to detail, organization, planning skills and personal accountability
- Interest in a collaborative and integrated approach to sustainability that supports environmental, social and economic prosperity
- Familiarity with Hawai‘i’s geography and communities, as well as a respect for Hawaiian language, culture and traditions
- Relevant education and/or work experience
- Flexible in supporting other duties as assigned
This year-long position is based in Honolulu, Hawai‘i.
1. Dashboard Lab Coordination: Support capacity building, coordination of strategic initiatives and communication for Hawai‘i Green Growth’s Dashboard Lab.
- Engage with local and global partners regarding joint priorities and strategic initiatives
- Coordinate and facilitate stakeholder meetings
- Prepare materials, including presentations, meeting summaries, and other documents
- Attend and provide support at meetings
- Support relevant writing, reporting, and research
- Build robust Dashboard related media and communications to raise community awareness
2. Dashboard Development & Innovation: Support coordination with diverse partners to increase multistakeholder engagement on the Dashboard.
- Support coordination on Dashboard content for the Aloha+ Challenge sustainability goals, targets and indicators, including data analysis, contextual narrative, research, and stakeholder engagement
- Assist with on-going Dashboard data and content updates
- Provide support for research and technology initiatives including data visualization and modeling, web applications, and interactive capabilities
- Support accessibility and usability of the Dashboard through creation of community resources, engagement tools, and outreach for community data capture
- Support Dashboard-related projects and strategic initiatives through stakeholder engagement and coordination
3. Project Operations & Legacy: Build project operations & legacy systems.
- Assist with maintenance of key master documents, metadata, organizational systems, and support monthly administration
- Coordinate and update communications materials, photos, and relevant databases
- Build relevant tools and resources to support Hawai‘i Green Growth’s capacity
- Assist with project grant writing, project reports, and compilation of results
4. Other duties as assigned